Application for 2018 open: June 6–July 2.
June 20 / 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
June 21 / 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
July 2 / 11:00 am
July 19 / 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm
July 21 / 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
The application link above takes you to Grantcycle.org. When you get there, create an account and then choose the School Board School application. We have two tips for you:
- Below, please find the application questions. We suggest completing these questions in a Word document (or something similar) outside of Grantcycle and then copy/paste them into the system. That way, if your internet does something funny, you won’t lose your work.
- When you’re filling out the application in Grantcycle, click “save draft” often so that if you hit any web malfunctions, you won’t lose a lot of your work.
- Who are you?
- Why are you considering running for CPS school board?
- Why do you want to participate in School Board School?
- What do you think are the two biggest strengths in CPS or things the district is doing well, and what are the two things that you would want to improve from your seat on the board? Why?
- Check out the following resolutions and policies that outline some of CPS’ values: (CPS’ vision, mission, and goals/Equity policy/Immigration resolution) What resonates with you about something you read and why? Is there anything you disagree with or would change?
- In your professional, volunteer, or personal life, have you worked on issues of diversity, equity or inclusion in education or in any other areas?
- In CPS, as in many school systems, we have a lot of students who are doing well, as measured by things like AP exam scores, kindergarten readiness assessments, or ACT scores, and a lot of students who are not doing as well or not performing at their grade level.Why do you think that is? And what is the district’s role in addressing these different performance outcomes?
- Share an issue on which you’ve changed your mind and explain why.
- Is there anything we didn’t ask that you really want us to know?